Dallas Golf Course Homes
Dallas Golf Communities offer residents an extensive list of amenities in a private, elegant setting. Residents enjoy a secluded private community that has been planned and engineered from the start around award winning golf courses. Homes in these golf communities come can range in price from the low $200s to over $2million. Floor-plans usually run from around 1,600 square feet to over 6,000. There are a number of golf communities in the Dallas area that stand out.
Lake Ridge – Dallas Neighborhood on Golf Course
The Lake Ridge Golf Community is located slightly south of Dallas. These beautiful homes have been built on the areaâ€™s highest elevation and have wonderful Hill Country and Dallas skyline views. Home sites come in either one or two acres arranged around the 7,500 acre Joe Pool Lake and the Tangle Ridge Golf Course.
Lake Ridge Golf Community Facts
- Valley Ridge Park â€“ 150 acre park with biking and hiking trails, fishing, children areas and sports fields.
- Tangle Ridge Golf Club: One of the top 10 18 hole public courses in Texas.
- Joe Pool Lake: A 7,500 acre lake with abundant fishing and a full service community marina.
- Cedar Hill State Park: 1,826 acre nature park.
Preston Crossing – North Dallas Golf Course Neighborhood
Preston Crossing is a golf community located north of Dallas. This 1600 acre community is built around a Fred Couples signature 18 hole golf course. Located close to Lake Texoma and Lake Ray Roberts, Preston Crossing residents have ready access to a wide range of fishing, hiking, camping and water-sport activities. When finished, Preston Crossing will have many neighborhood parks spaced throughout the community. One very important feature of Preston Crossing is that it is located within the Gunter Independent School District, which is regarded as the best school district in Texas. Homes start in the mid $300s.
Preston Crossing Golf Neighborhood Facts
- 18 hole Fred Couples signature golf course â€“ opened in 2008
- Community swimming pool, tennis courts and neighborhood parks
- The Gunter Independent School District -ranked â€œexemplaryâ€
- 40 minutes from downtown Dallas
- Residents have the option to choose their own builder.
Sugar Tree – North Dallas Golf Course Neighborhood
Sugar Tree is a private golf community located on the banks of the Brazos River, less than an hour from Dallas. The Sugar Tree Community is planned around a four star 18 hold golf course which winds along the river. Currently, lots are being offered from Â½ acre to 2 acres and come with heavy woods, fairway lots or cul de sac lots off the fairways. Lot prices start at $35,900.
Sugar Tree Community Facts
- Private clubhouse with outdoor pool
- Located in Brock Independent School District â€“ rated â€œexemplaryâ€.
- Gated entrance
- Exempt from city taxes
Castle Hills – North Dallas Golf Course Neighborhood
Castle Hills is a 2,500 acre master planned golf community located in North Dallas, west of Plano. The Castle Hills Golf Club has an 18 hole Jay Morrish designed course. The clubhouse has gourmet dining, pro shop and banquet rooms.
Castle Hills Community Facts
- Numerous parks and lakes
- Community centers
- Swimming pools
- Golf teaching academy
- Full children water playgrounds
- Community fitness centers
Lantana – North Dallas Golf Course Neighborhood
The Lantana is a Hill Country Golf Community located just north of Flower Mound. This 1,718 acre community was named Master-planned Community of the Year in 2004. The Lantanaâ€™s 18 hole Jay Morrish designed golf course was named â€œBest New Courseâ€ in 2002. This community has a wide range of home styles, sizes and prices. Prices start in the $140s and go up to over 1 million. Square footage ranges from 2,100 square feet to over 6,000 square feet. Buyers are able to choose from a number of reputable builders.
Lantana Community Facts
- Full service community fitness center.
- Five pools.
- Two elementary schools and one middle school.
- Tennis courts, hiking & bike trails.
- 15 furnished builder models giving examples of the designs of Lantanaâ€™s 10 builders.
Mountain Valley Lake – North Dallas Golf Course Neighborhood
Mountain Valley Lake is a private golf home community located in Burleson, just minutes south of Fort Worth. Homes range in price from $139,000 to $230,000 and floor-plans run from 1,564 square feet to 4,150 square feet.
Mountain Valley Lake Community Facts
- 20 acre lake in center of community.
- Clubhouse/rec center with Jr. Olympic pool.
Stonebridge Ranch – North Dallas Golf Course Neighborhood
Stonebridge Ranch is a master planned private golf home community on 5,000 acres located in the middle of North Dallas.
Stonebridge Ranch Community Facts
- Private country club with two courses â€“ 18 hole Pete Dye Signature Golf Course and 27-hole Arthur Hills Championship Golf Course.
- Beach Club & Swim Lagoon with white sand beach unique in North Texas.
- Aquatic center
- Scenic biking and hiking trails.
- 14 lakes offering fishing and sailing.
- Outstanding school districtsâ€”McKinney and Frisco ISDs.
Trails of West Frisco – North Dallas Golf Course Neighborhood
Trails of West Frisco is a master planned golf home community located on the northern end of the Dallas North Tollway in Frisco, Texas. Home prices start in the $250′s and range up to over $650,000.
Trails of West Frisco Community Facts
- Extensive scenic hiking and biking trails
- Trails Golf Club 18-hole championship golf course
- Community center with tennis courts, a playground and a pool
- Minutes away from the new Stonebriar Center shopping mall
Twin Creeks – North Dallas Golf Course Neighborhood
Twin Creeks is a Texas Hill Country golf home community located close to Austin. This 760 acre community is designed around a Fred Couples signature golf course. Home prices start in the mid $200s and go up to $1 million.
Twin Creeks Community Facts
- Superior school system â€“ Leander Independent School District.
- Private clubhouses.
- Junior Olympic pool.
- Scenic biking and hiking trails.
- 8000 square foot family activities center.
- 10 acre driving range.
- New water park with themed slides.